GDC Trading Limited ("GDC") and any and all entities that are controlled by, or are affiliated or under common control with GDC are collectively referred to herein as "we," "us" or "our".
3. Restrictions on Use of Material
All information, content and materials contained on GDC Sites are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to us and/or our licensors or licensees. No information, content or material from any GDC Site or any Internet site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the information, content or materials on any single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that (a) you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (b) you make no modifications to the information, content or materials, (c) you do not use the information, content or materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands, and (d) you do not download information, content or materials so as to avoid future downloads from any GDC Site. The use of any information, content or materials on a GDC Site on any other Web site or computer environment is prohibited.
The GDC Sites are only for your personal use. You may not use the GDC Sites for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
If you intentionally or unintentionally send us unsolicited submissions, or through features or activities on any GDC Site (including, without limitation, games, sweepstakes, contests, promotions and Public Forums (defined below in section 6 labeled "PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION")), you submit, post or otherwise send us any information, content or materials including, without limitation, data, text, messages, files, images, photographs, videos, audiovisual works, musical compositions (including lyrics), sound recordings, postings, your and/or other persons' names, likenesses, voices, usernames, profiles, actions, appearances, performances and/or other biographical information or material, and any other materials, as well as links to data, text, files, images, photographs, videos, audiovisual works, musical compositions (including lyrics), sound recordings, postings, your and/or other persons' names, likenesses, voices, usernames, profiles, actions, appearances, performances and other biographical information or material, web pages and any other materials (collectively, "User-Generated Content") through such features or activities (such User-Generated Content, together with unsolicited submissions, the "Submissions"), we (and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users)shall be entitled to unrestricted use of such Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. If there exists any doubt or ambiguity about whether any User-Generated Content constitutes a Submission, such User-Generated Content shall be conclusively deemed to be a Submission. No Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby grant us (and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users), without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, re-distribute, copy, host, store, cache, archive, index, categorize, comment on, broadcast, stream, edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform such Submissions, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, on GDC Sites and on third party web sites) for any and all purposes including, without limitation, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you and with or without attribution (the "Submissions License"). To the extent that any Submissions submitted by you contain original songs or recordings, you hereby represent that you are a member of ASCAP, BMI, SESAC or any other applicable performing rights society and that all musical compositions (including lyrics) contained in such Submissions are available for licensing to us (and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users) directly from such societies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, regardless of whether you are a member of any performing rights society, you hereby grant us (and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users) a perpetual, non-exclusive and irrevocable license to publicly perform each and every musical composition (including lyrics) contained in such Submissions. To the extent that we solicit Submissions through features or activities on GDC Sites (including, without limitation, games, sweepstakes, contests, promotions and Public Forums (defined below in section 6 labeled "PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION")) that require the use of our copyrighted works (in whole or in part), we hereby grant you a non-exclusive license to create a derivative work using our copyrighted works (in whole or in part); provided however, that such license shall be conditioned upon your assignment of all rights in the work you create to us (and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users). If such rights are not assigned to us (and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users), your license to create material using our copyrighted works (in whole or in part) shall be null and void. You agree to the foregoing grant of rights, consents, agreements and assignments whether or not your Submissions are used by us.
You agree that any Submissions you make are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way. To the extent any "moral rights," "ancillary rights," or similar rights in or to the Submissions exist and are not exclusively owned by us, you agree not to enforce any such rights as to us or our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, and you shall procure the same agreement not to enforce from any others who may possess such rights.
Without limiting the scope of the Submissions License or any future grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers you may make with respect to Submissions, you hereby ratify any prior grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers made by you with respect to Submissions submitted by you to us.
5. Registration Information and Security
You agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration processes (the "Registration Data"). If you provide any information that does not satisfy this provision, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect as much, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of any GDC Site (or any portion thereof).
You also agree (a) to promptly notify us using the form located at (https://kax.ie/#contact) of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any GDC Site. In addition, you agree to exit from your account at the end of each session.
We explicitly disclaim liability for any and all losses and damages arising from your failure to comply with this section.
6. Public Forums and Communication
"Public Forum" means an area, site or feature offered as part of any GDC Site that enables users or visitors of any GDC Site (a) to submit, post, display and/or view User-Generated Content and/or (b) to communicate, share or exchange User-Generated Content with other GDC Site users, visitors and members of the general public including, without limitation, a chat area, message board, instant messaging, mobile messaging, social community environment, profile page, conversation page, e-mail function.
You acknowledge that anything you submit to a GDC Site by way of any Public Forum may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf and the Internet, and may be viewed on the Internet by the general public and that, therefore, you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such submission. You acknowledge that Public Forums and features offered therein are for public and not private communications. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any of these media; you make such disclosures at your own risk.
You are and shall remain solely responsible for the User-Generated Content submitted and/or posted under your username or otherwise by you in any Public Forum and for the consequences of submitting and posting same. You acknowledge that the use of User-Generated Content posted in any Public Forum is at your own risk. For example, we are not responsible for, and we do not endorse, the opinions, advice or recommendations posted or sent by users in any Public Forum and we specifically disclaim any and all liability in connection therewith.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User-Generated Content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice. If we elect to screen User-Generated Content, there may be a delay in the posting of such content in a Public Forum to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User-Generated Content including, without limitation, the copyright, we may contact you for further information including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise obtained permission to post the material.
When participating in a Public Forum, never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated with. Information obtained in a Public Forum may not be reliable, and it is not a good idea to take any action, including to trade or make any investment decisions, based solely or largely on information you cannot confirm. We cannot be responsible for the accuracy of any User-Generated Content contained in a Public Forum, and we shall not be responsible for any trading, investment, or any other decisions made or actions taken or not taken based on such information or content.
Your ability to access and browse User-Generated Content within a Public Forum and/or to submit and/or post User-Generated Content within a Public Forum may be subject to certain age restrictions and/or related procedures that we may revise in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason. Any such age restrictions and procedures will be posted within the Public Forum, as applicable.
7. House Rules
The following is a list of House Rules applicable to the GDC Sites. By using the GDC Sites, you agree that:
- You will not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any User-Generated Content that: (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking or constitute an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; (d) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (e) infringes or violates any right of a third party or any domestic or international law, rule or regulation including, but not limited to: (i) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (ii) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (iii) any confidentiality obligation; or (f) does not comply with all terms and conditions applicable to the Submissions License (set forth above in section 4 labeled "SUBMISSIONS");
- You will not (a) advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others (including, without limitation, solicitations for contributions or donations) or use any Public Forum for commercial purposes of any kind, or (b) use any product or service available on any GDC Site (including, without limitation, electronic greeting cards, e-mail functions (e.g., send-a-friend e-mails) and RSS feeds or other similar type feeds) for commercial purposes of any kind;
- You will not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the GDC Sites or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the GDC Sites;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity including, without limitation, using another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph;
- You will not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet;
- You will not delete any legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify;
- You will not submit, post, upload, distribute or otherwise make available or transmit any User-Generated Content or make statements in any Public Forum that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Public Forum;
- You will not engage in (or attempt to engage in) any criminal activity including, without limitation, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing, harassment, theft, and conspiracy to commit any criminal activity.
To the extent that any feature on a GDC Site requires you to submit your e-mail address or mobile phone number in order to send a card, e-mail or message, you must, and you hereby agree to, furnish your actual e-mail address or actual mobile phone number, as applicable. Any business use, "re-mailing," or other high-volume application is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to send cards, e-mails or messages using an automated program. Electronic greeting cards, e-mails and mobile messages may not contain inappropriate language or images or copyrighted material (without the consent of the copyright holder) or encourage illegal activity. We reserve the right not to deliver electronic greeting cards, e-mails and mobile messages that violate these guidelines.
8. Our Content Removal Rights
9. Content Linked to any GDC Site
We make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of our directories. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in sites listed in our search results or otherwise linked to a GDC Site.
11. Jurisdictional and Venue Issues
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who are repeat infringers of copyright.
14. General Provisions
15. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
We may give notice of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on any GDC Site, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent in the original notification that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature; Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which GDC may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.